T's & C's
Terms and Conditions
Our terms and conditions comprise the agreement between us. Please ensure you read these terms carefully as failure to read them is not a defence in law.
Your agreement with Morpeth Motors
On booking you agree to all terms set out in the rental agreement. Please ask if anything is not clear. We allow 14 days from date of booking if cancellation is required- after this period the terms are binding.
Insurance Terms and Conditions
•Drivers aged between 23 and 73 inclusive.
•No more than 6 points on their driving licence. We will need to refer the following unspent conviction codes:
•BA, CD, DD, DR, TT, UT, XX
•Held a driving licence for not less than 3 years Licences allowed:
•UK, EU, USA, Canadian, Australian, New Zealand, EEA Only. (Incl Swiss)
•We will need to refer more than 2 claims ( accidents/loss) in the last 3 years.
•Not subject to any mental or physical defect or infirmanity or suffered from fits or major medical complaint.
This is the period shown in the agreement. You must return the vehicle within this period as your insurance is only valid for the agreed rental period. Failure to return in this period will also be charged at the advertised rates for the extended time.
Obligations of the lessee / driver
In case of an accident:
Vehicles must be left secure and any alarms set.
Please be aware that any damage caused by others which cannot be claimed will be your responsibility-park carefully and drive carefully!
You must not allow any other person to drive, sell or rent the vehicle.
Damage caused by using incorrect fuel is your responsibility and will be chargeable.
Damage caused by carelessness- e.g. hitting speed bumps or kerbs will be chargeable.
If any fault develops on the vehicle during the hire then we must be notified immediately. Continuing to drive when a fault has been identified and not reported will be your responsibility.
Vehicles may not be used to tow other vehicles; to exceed official speed limits, or for use on race or rally track events.
Tickets and cost
The tenant is fully responsible. All penalties or tickets for example: parking, speeding or other as well as towing cost, or cost of official confiscation, and the like have to be paid by the tenant.
All drivers must pay a deposit with a credit card, If damage is found upon return, the deposit will be retained as deductible by us.
All cancellations must be in writing. All deposits are non-refundable.
If you cancel within 4 weeks of your hire date 100% of the the total booking cost for hire and other fees will be non-refundable.
If you cancel before 4 weeks of your hire date 50% of the total booking cost for hire and other fees will be non-refundable.
Payment is made by credit card (VISA, MasterCard), or bank transfer.
Vehicles must be returned fully fuelled.
We have maintained the vehicle to at least the manufacturer’s recommended standard. We assure you that the vehicle is roadworthy and suitable for renting at the start of the rental period.
1) Prior to the commencement of any hire the Insured shall have:
a) Inspected the driving licence of the hirer and any other permitted driver.
b) Satisfied themselves that the hirer and any driver
i) are not under the age of 23 or over 75 years of age.
ii) has held a full UK or EU licence for a minimum of two years.
iii) has not had their licence suspended for any period within the last three years.
iv) has not been involved in more than one fault incident within the last three years.
v) has no more than two convictions with a maximum of 3 points per conviction.
vi) has not obtained a BA,DD or UT conviction.
2) The insured vehicle shall only be let out on hire to a person who has signed and completed a rental agreement or the hirer/driver proposal for each period of hire.
3) The insured shall have completed, prior to releasing vehicle, identity checks including copies of all drivers licences, 2 utility bills dated within three months of the hire and the deposit being taken by a clear and traceable means such as a debit or credit card.
4) In the event of a theft by hirer claim an excess equal to 25% of the vehicle value will apply.
5) In the event of a claim resulting from the use of cooking/heating appliances, a 25% coinsurance excess will apply, subject to a minimum excess of 500.
6) The Insured vehicle shall not be used for the carriage of goods of an explosive, dangerous or hazardous nature or for the carriage of goods or passengers for hire and reward or any other form of profit or remuneration.